Yaraslau "Yarik" Kryvoi is an Associate Professor at the University of West London and runs several projects, primarily related to the former Soviet Union countries. Born in Belarus, he holds academic degrees from Russia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the United States.
For several years he practiced international commercial law and dispute resolution with Freshfields Bruckhaus & Deringer in London and Morgan Lewis & Bockius in Washington DC. He has advised investors, States, international organizations and non-governmental organisations on matters of international law, commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration.
He has extensively published on international dispute resolution, international
economic law, employment law as well as law and policy in former Soviet Union countries.
- London School of Economics, Visiting Fellow (London, UK)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Associate (London, UK)
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, International Consultant (Washington, DC, USA)
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, Extern Law Clerk to Judge Stephen F. Williams (Washington, DC, USA)
- Harvard Law School, Research Assistant to Professor Reinier Kraakman (Cambridge, MA, USA)
- Belarusian State University, Lecturer (Minsk, Belarus)
- International Labour Organisation, Legal Intern (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Baker & McKenzie, Summer Associate (St Petersburg, Russia)