Professor Yarik Kryvoi is the Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law and Director of the Investment Treaty Forum at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL). He is also Professor of Law at the University of West London and runs several projects, primarily related to the former Soviet Union countries.
He holds academic degrees from the United Kingdom, Russia, the Netherlands and the United States.
For several years he practiced international commercial law and dispute resolution with Freshfields Bruckhaus & Deringer in London and Morgan Lewis & Bockius in Washington D.C. He has advised investors, States, international organizations and non-governmental organisations on matters of international law, commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration.
Professor Kryvoi has published extensively on international dispute resolution, international
economic law, employment law as well as law and policy in former Soviet Union countries.
- London School of Economics, Visiting Fellow (London, UK)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Associate (London, UK)
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, International Consultant (Washington, DC, USA)
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, Extern Law Clerk to Judge Stephen F. Williams (Washington, DC, USA)
- Harvard Law School, Research Assistant to Professor Reinier Kraakman (Cambridge, MA, USA)
- Belarusian State University, Lecturer (Minsk, Belarus)
- International Labour Organisation, Legal Intern (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Baker & McKenzie, Summer Associate (St Petersburg, Russia)
Positions of responsibility
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), Examiner & Tutor
- International Courts Committee, ABA Section of International Law, Senior Advisor (former Co-Chair)
- King's College London, The Dickson Poon School of Law, External Examiner
- CIS Arbitration Forum, Founder & Editor
- International Law Materials (American Society for International Law), Corresponding Editor
- The Journal of Belarusian Studies & Belarus Digest, Editor-in-Chief
- International Encyclopaedia of Laws, Kluwer Law International, Member of International Advisory Board