- Presentation of key findings of the UNODC study on corruption allegations in ISDS for participants of the UNCITRAL Working Group III Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform, Vienna, Austria, 23-27 January 2023
- Co-organising the Basel Winter Arbitration School, Basel, Switzerland, February 2023
- Presentation ‘Lessons from past Compensation Commissions’ at panel on ‘Disputes involving States arising out of war’, London International Disputes Week, London, United Kingdom, 18 May 2023
- Presentation (virtual) on approaches to corruption in the most recent investment arbitration cases, 2022 Belt and Road High-level Dialogue on International Commercial Arbitration, Beijing, China, 8 December 2022
- Presentation 'Corruption and asset recovery in investor-state disputes' at The Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime, University of Cambridge, UK, 6 September 2022
- Charing a panel on 'The new type of M&A investment arbitration: emerging energy transition disputes' at the 2022 Dispute Resolution in M&A Transactions in Warsaw, Poland, 27 May 2022
- Chairing a panel on 'National Security Regime and FDI' organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, UK, 12 May 2022
- Presentation 'Corruption in international investment agreements and investor-state dispute settlement', Symposium on Supranational Responses to Corruption organised by the World Bank, the American Society of International Law and the OECD, Vienna, Austria, 29 April 2022
- Organising the Thirty-Seventh ITF Public Conference: Overlapping Treaty Regimes in International Investment Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, UK, 22 April 2022
- Presentation 'Responses of investor-state tribunals to corruption: an empirical evaluation' at the 'Supranational Responses to Corruption’ symposium organised by the American Society of International Law, the World Bank’s Office of Suspension and Debarment (OSD) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)’s Anti-Corruption Division, 28-29 April 2022, Vienna, Austria
- Organising a side event on corruption and foreign direct investments at the Ninth session of the Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption, Sharm El-Sheikh, 13-17 December 2021
- Presenting on 'Developments at UNCITRAL Working Group III: Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform' at a virtual course organised by the Practising Law Institute (USA), 18 November 2021
- Organising and speaking at the Thirty Sixth ITF Public Conference: Time Limits in International Investment Law, British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 22 October 2021
- Presentation ‘Costs and their recovery in investor-State arbitration: examining new empirical evidence,’ Hong Kong Arbitration Week, 26 October 2021
- Presenting 'Corruption in international investment agreements and investor-state dispute settlement' at the conference 'Presenting Global Economic Governance’ organised by the Society of International Economic Law and Università Bocconi, 9 July 2021
- Chairing 'Revisiting transnational public policy: extending the scope to trading in influence and bid-rigging' panel at a virtual workshop on arbitration and crime organised by Basel Institute on Governance, the International Academy of Financial Crime Litigators and Competence Centre Arbitration and Crime, January 2021.
- Speaking on arbitrability and public policy considerations at the Arbitration Law and International Experience seminar organised by the Great Britain-China Centre, China University of Political Science and Law, China arbitration Institute and the British Embassy Beijing, 16 December 2020.
- Organized the Thirty-Fourth ITF Public Conference: State Regulatory Powers and their Limits hosted by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, 10-11 September 2020.
- Organized the Inaugural Africa Arbitration Day, hosted by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Queen Mary University of London and Babcock University, 3 September 2020.
- Speaking on Termination of Intra-EU BITs: Legal and Practical Consequences for Pending and Future Disputes, ITF BIICL Webinar, 1 June 2020.
- Speaking on Government response to the pandemic: balancing public health and investment protection, ITF BIICL Webinar, 7 May 2020.
- Presentation 'Corruption and money laundering as a national security threat' at conference 'Investment Screening in the European Union' organised by the Academy of European Law in Brussels, Belgium, 29-30 April 2020
- Presenting a study on corporate restructuring and investor-state dispute settlement at an Investment Treaty Forum event hosted by Baker McKenzie in London, United Kingdom, 6 March 2020
- Co-organising conference 'Foreign Investment Policy in Asia: Liberalization, Facilitation and Screening' hosted by Dhurakij Pundit University in Bangkok, Thailand, 10 March 2020
- Co-organising Investment Treaty Forum meeting The Future of the United Kingdom Investment Policy after Brexit hosted by Steptoe & Johnson, 25 February 2020.
- Co-organising conference 'Bilingualism in law in practice: the experience of Belarus and the United Kingdom' hosted by the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus in Minsk, Belarus, 10 January 2020
- Presentation at the Human Rights Due Diligence Forum on 'The Interaction between Investment Disputes and Human Rights Due Diligence', London, United Kingdom, 2019
- Presentation 'Reforming International Investment Agreements: the First Aid Package' at the Central Asian Arbitration Summit in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, November 2019.
- Presentation 'Appointment of Judges and Arbitrators in Private and Public Adjudication' at a joint event organised by BIICL and the University of Liverpool in London, United Kingdom, October 2019.
- Speaking at the inaugural ISDS@Singapore Public Conference organised by the Investment Treaty Forum, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore, September 2019.
- Speaking at the conference 'State Responsibility in Investment Law' organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, United Kingdom, May 2019.
- Charing a panel at the Belt & Road Initiative and Global Dispute Resolution London Forum organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), United Kingdom, May 2019.
- Presenting on 'Dispute Settlement Possibilities' at 'Investment Protection in a Post-Brexit Era' workshop organised by King's College London, December 2018.
- Chairing a seminar on 'Legitimate Expectations in International Investment Law' organised by the Energy Charter Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium, November 2018.
- Speaking at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Working Group III meeting on Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform in Vienna, Austria, October 2018.
- Presentation on 'foreign investors’ obligations in international investment law' at 'International Law Weekend' conference organised by the American Branch of the International Law Association in New York, United States, October 2018.
- Speaking on 'Investment Promotion and Protection in the Canada-UK Trade Relationship' at conference 'Understanding the Future of Canada-UK Trade Relationships' organised by Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada in Ottawa, Canada, June 2018.
- Speaking on 'Ethics and the Rule of Law in Investment Arbitration' at a joint seminar of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and Nagoya University School of International Development in Tokyo, Japan, June 2018.
- Speaking at Investment Treaty Forum meeting on 'General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law' in London, United Kingdom, March 2018.
- Presenting 'BITs, the Belt and Road and investor-state dispute settlement' at a joint workshop 'Cross-Border Commercial Dispute Resolution with Chinese Parties: Trends, Risks and Opportunities for Business, Lawyers and States' organised by Great Britain China Centre and Centre for Common Law at Renmin University, Beijing, China, March 2018.
- Reporter on 'Consolidating the international investment treaties network', for the Annual International Investment Agreements Conference, United Nations Commission on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Geneva, Switzerland, October 2017.
- Presenting on online legal education at the Futures of Legal Education conference at Open University, United Kingdom, Milton Keynes, September 2017.
- Presenting at panels on 'Lapses and failures by the regulator: are legal remedies and sanctions adequate' on 'Economic Crimes in International Investment Law' at the 35th Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2017.
- Conducting training on international economic law and investor-state arbitration for UK government officials with a particular emphasis on Brexit-related issues, Ministry of Justice, United Kingdom, June-July 2017.
- Organising and speaking at the conference 'Economic Crime an International Investment Law' at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, United Kingdom, May 2017.
- Conducting the seminar 'A Study of Laws and Practices Arbitration in the CIS Region' at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, United Kingdom, May 2017.
- Speaking at the panel 'Between East and West: What's Next for Belarus?' at King's College London, United Kingdom, April 2017.
- Moderating 'The History of International Investment Law: A Conversation with Antonio Parra and Christoph Schreuer' at Hogan Lovells LLP in London, United Kingdom, March 2017.
- Organising and moderating the panel 'Territorial Disputes and Protection of Foreign Investments' at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law in London, United Kingdom, March 2017.
- Chaired the panel 'A comparative look at the jurisdiction and admissibility criteria in international courts and tribunals ' at IBA-ELSA Conference in London, United Kingdom, November 2016.
- Presented at panels on 'The implementation of good governance procedures – aspiration over experience?' and 'Investigating the misuse of public funds: legal and operational impediments' at the 34th Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2016.
- Presented on non-formal education at the seminar 'Directions of Development of Higher and Additional Education in Belarus' at the Belarusian State University in Minsk, Belarus, June 2016.
- Delivered a series of lectures on international commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration at Nagoya University Graduate School of Law, Nagoya, Japan, June 2016.
- Presented: 'Succeeding as an International Arbitration Hub: Opportunities and Challenges' at a conference at Nagoya University, Japan, June 2016.
- Delivered a series of lectures on alternative dispute resolution at Lazarski University (Warsaw) and Bialystok University, Poland, May-June 2016.
- Organised and moderated the seminar 'Creating a Favourable Arbitration Climate: Lessons from England and Japan' at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, United Kingdom, May 2016.
- Organised and co-chaired the conference 'Belarusian Studies in the 21st Century' at University College London (UCL), London, United Kingdom, March 2016.
- Delivered a keynote address entitled: 'What it Takes for a Country to Become a Successful International Arbitration Hub' at "The Law of Arbitration: New Challenges" conference organised by Colombo Law Society and ANC Education on 22 September 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2015.
- Presented on practical issues in dealing with corruption and related misconduct in international dispute resolution in transition economies at the 33rd Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2015.
- Delivered a series of lectures 'Advanced Issues of International Dispute Resolution' at Nagoya University Graduate School of Law, Japan, June 2015.
- Participated in the panel discussion 'From Sanctions to Summits: Belarus after the Ukraine Crisis' at the European Council on Foreign Relations, London, June 2015.
- Presented: 'EU Targeted Sanctions as a Challenge for Justice' at the International Law Association British Branch Spring Conference 2015 'International Law as a Mechanism for Justice', University of Essex, United Kingdom, May 2015.
- Conducted the seminar: 'Illegality and Consent Awards in International Arbitration' at the Centre for Cross-Border Commercial Law in Asia, Singapore Management University, Singapore, May 2015.
- Presented: 'Economic Sanctions and Arbitrability' at the seminar 'The Effect of Sanctions and Political Interactions between Governments on International Law and Resolution of Disputes' organised by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration, Malaysia, May 2015.
Presented: 'The Law Applied by International Administrative Tribunals: From Autonomy to Hierarchy', Oxford Public International Law Discussion Group, University of Oxford, February 2015.
Presented: 'Pitfalls When Dealing with Settlement Agreements in International Arbitration' at the ICLP Arbitration Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka, January 2015 .
Presented: 'EU Sanctions against Belarus: Theory and Practice' at the Transformation Studies Summer School organised by the European Humanities University in Trakai, Lithuania, July 2014.
Presented: 'Are European Union Sanctions Fit for Purpose?' at the annual conference of British International Studies Association, Dublin, Ireland, June 2014.
Presented: 'Varieties of State Capitalism and International Economic Order: China, Russia, Brazil and Beyond' at the Institute for Global Law and Policy intensive residential program at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, United States, June 2014.
Presented: 'Jurisdiction over Human Rights Violations in Investor-State Arbitration' at the conference 'Transnational Business and Human rights in the Context of the United States, European Union and International Law' organised by the European Humanities University, Vilnius, Lithuania, May 2014.
- Presented: 'Counterclaims in Investor-State Arbitration', Nagoya University,
Japan, April 2014.
Presented: 'International Administrative Law: Between Fragmentation and Constitutionalisation' at a conference organised by the Polish Academy of Science in Warsaw, November 2013.
Presented the research paper 'Optimizing the Effect of the European Humanities University on Belarus' at the Congress of Belarusian Studies in Kaunas, Vilnius, October 2013.
Presented 'International Administrative Law: Real Law and Soft Law' at the regional International Law Association Conference in Athens, Greece, August 2013.
Taught the course: 'Bilateral Investment Treaties: Rights, Remedies and Related International Arbitration Process (including ICSID)', CPD accredited training, Osborne Clarke, London, United Kingdom, June 2013.
Lecture 'Obligations of Investors under International Law' at the Centre for Transnational Legal Studies, London, UK, March 2013.
Delivered an open lecture entitled: 'Employability of Young Lawyers: What do Employers Want?', Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus, March 2013.
Chaired: 'International Dispute Resolution Involving Russian and CIS Companies' conference, Sofitel St James Hotel, London, UK, February 2013.
Talk: 'Investment Arbitration: Challenges and Opportunities for Sri Lanka' talk at the Annual Sri Lanka Corporate Lawyers Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2012.
Taught a seminar on International Trade Regimes for officials from the former Soviet Union countries on International Trade at a seminar organised by the World Trade Organisation, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2012.
- Presentation 'Effect of bribery on arbitration' at conference "Current issues in arbitration in CIS countries" organised by the Association for International Arbitration, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, June 2012.
- Organised and lectured at Minsk Summer Arbitration School, Minsk, Belarus, June 2012.
- Talk: 'Corruption and Russia-Related Arbitration' at a conference organised by the International Association for Arbitration in Brussels, Belgium, June 2012.
- Presented on law and politics of economic sanctions at a conference 'The Politics of International Economic Law: The Next Four Years' organized by the American Society for International Law in Washington, DC, November 2008.
- Taught a course on international investment arbitration at Bilkent University Faculty of Law in Ankara, Turkey, September 2008.
- Presentation 'Trade and Labor Standards under the European Union Law' at the panel organized by the Harvard European Law Association, Cambridge, MA, April 2007.
- Acted as Labor at the Harvard University, video conference: 'Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption: New Frontiers in Public-Private Partnerships', organized by the World Bank, OECD and the Belgian Government, March 2007.
- Lecture 'Enforcing Labor Rights Against Multinational Corporate Groups', Harvard Trade Union Program, Cambridge, MA, February 2007.
- Presentation 'Myth and Reality about Life and Politics in Belarus' at Comparative Economics Seminar organized by Harvard University Davis Center, Cambridge, MA, October 2006.
- Presentation 'Enterprise Restructuring and Labour Law: Comparative Analysis of Regulation in CIS Member States' at the Belarusian State University, Minsk, June 2006.
- Presentation 'Do International Labour Standards Matter? Some Peculiarities of Social Partnership in Belarus' at the international conference: 'Labour and Social Security Law in the XXI Century: Challenges and Perspectives', organized by Vilnius University, Lithuania, May 2006.
- Presentation 'Multinational Enterprises and Labour Rights" at the roundtable "Globalization and Human Rights" organized by Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Russia, October 2005.
- Presentation 'Enforcing Labor Rights against Multinationals in Europe', at the conference Governing Global Workplace organized by the University of Minnesota, USA, April 2005.
Yarik Kryvoi © 2022