- Presentation at the Human Rights Due Dilligence Forum on 'The Interaction between Investment Disputes and Human Rights Due Diligence', London, United Kingdom, 2019
- Presentation 'Reforming International Investment Agreements: the First Aid Package' at the Central Asian Arbitration Summit in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, November 2019.
- Presentation 'Appointment of Judges and Arbitrators in Private and Public Adjudication' at a joint event organised by BIICL and the University of Liverpool in London, United Kingdom, October 2019.
- Speaking at the inaugural ISDS@Singapore Public Conference organised by the Investment Treaty Forum, Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the Faculty of Law of the National University of Singapore, September 2019.
- Speaking at the conference 'State Responsibility in Investment Law' organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, United Kingdom, May 2019.
- Charing a panel at the Belt & Road Initiative and Global Dispute Resolution London Forum organised by the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), United Kingdom, May 2019.
- Presenting on 'Dispute Settlement Possibilities' at 'Investment Protection in a Post-Brexit Era' workshop organised by King's College London, December 2018.
- Chairing a seminar on 'Legitimate Expectations in International Investment Law' organised by the Energy Charter Secreteriat in Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium, November 2018.
- Speaking at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Working Group III meeting on Investor-State Dispute Settlement Reform in Vienna, Austria, October 2018.
- Presentation on 'foreign investors’ obligations in international investment law' at 'International Law Weekend' conference organised by the American Branch of the International Law Association in New York, United States, October 2018.
- Speaking on 'Investment Promotion and Protection in the Canada-UK Trade Relationship' at conference 'Understanding the Future of Canada-UK Trade Relationships' organised by Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada in Ottawa, Canada, June 2018.
- Speaking on 'Ethics and the Rule of Law in Investment Arbitration' at a joint seminar of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law and Nagoya University School of International Development in Tokyo, Japan, June 2018.
- Speaking at Investment Treaty Forum meeting on 'General Principles of Law in Investment Arbitration, and the Hierarchy of Norms under International Law' in London, United Kingdom, March 2018.
- Presenting 'BITs, the Belt and Road and investor-state dispute settlement' at a joint workshop 'Cross-Border Commercial Dispute Resolution with Chinese Parties: Trends, Risks and Opportunities for Business, Lawyers and States' organised by Great Britain China Centre and Centre for Common Law at Renmin University, Beijing, China, March 2018.
- Reporter on 'Consolidating the international investment treaties network', for the Annual International Investment Agreements Conference, United Nations Commission on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Geneva, Switzerland, October 2017.
- Presenting on online legal education at the Futures of Legal Education conference at Open University, United Kingdom, Milton Keynes, September 2017.
- Presenting at panels on 'Lapses and failures by the regulator: are legal remedies and sanctions adequate' on 'Economic Crimes in International Investment Law' at the 35th Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2017.
- Conducting training on international economic law and investor-state arbitration for UK government officials with a particular emphasis on Brexit-related issues, Ministry of Justice, United Kingdom, June-July 2017.
- Organising and speaking at the conference 'Economic Crime an International Investment Law' at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London, United Kingdom, May 2017.
- Conducting the seminar 'A Study of Laws and Practices Arbitration in the CIS Region' at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, United Kingdom, May 2017.
- Speaking at the panel 'Between East and West: What's Next for Belarus?' at King's College London, United Kingdom, April 2017.
- Moderating 'The History of International Investment Law: A Conversation with Antonio Parra and Christoph Schreuer' at Hogan Lovells LLP in London, United Kingdom, March 2017.
- Organising and moderating the panel 'Territorial Disputes and Protection of Foreign Investments' at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law in London, United Kingdom, March 2017.
- Chaired the panel 'A comparative look at the jurisdiction and admissibility criteria in international courts and tribunals ' at IBA-ELSA Conference in London, United Kingdom, November 2016.
- Presented at panels on 'The implementation of good governance procedures – aspiration over experience?' and 'Investigating the misuse of public funds: legal and operational impediments' at the 34th Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2016.
- Presented on non-formal education at the seminar 'Directions of Development of Higher and Additional Education in Belarus' at the Belarusian State University in Minsk, Belarus, June 2016.
- Delivered a series of lectures on international commercial arbitration and investor-state arbitration at Nagoya University Graduate School of Law, Nagoya, Japan, June 2016.
- Presented: 'Succeeding as an International Arbitration Hub: Opportunities and Challenges' at a conference at Nagoya University, Japan, June 2016.
- Delivered a series of lectures on alternative dispute resolution at Lazarski University (Warsaw) and Bialystok University, Poland, May-June 2016.
- Organised and moderated the seminar 'Creating a Favourable Arbitration Climate: Lessons from England and Japan' at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, United Kingdom, May 2016.
- Organised and co-chaired the conference 'Belarusian Studies in the 21st Century' at University College London (UCL), London, United Kingdom, March 2016.
- Delivered a keynote address entitled: 'What it Takes for a Country to Become a Successful International Arbitration Hub' at "The Law of Arbitration: New Challenges" conference organised by Colombo Law Society and ANC Education on 22 September 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2015.
- Presented on practical issues in dealing with corruption and related misconduct in international dispute resolution in transition economies at the 33rd Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime at Jesus College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, September 2015.
- Delivered a series of lectures 'Advanced Issues of International Dispute Resolution' at Nagoya University Graduate School of Law, Japan, June 2015.
- Participated in the panel discussion 'From Sanctions to Summits: Belarus after the Ukraine Crisis' at the European Council on Foreign Relations, London, June 2015.
- Presented: 'EU Targeted Sanctions as a Challenge for Justice' at the International Law Association British Branch Spring Conference 2015 'International Law as a Mechanism for Justice', University of Essex, United Kingdom, May 2015.
- Conducted the seminar: 'Illegality and Consent Awards in International Arbitration' at the Centre for Cross-Border Commercial Law in Asia, Singapore Management University, Singapore, May 2015.
- Presented: 'Economic Sanctions and Arbitrability' at the seminar 'The Effect of Sanctions and Political Interactions between Governments on International Law and Resolution of Disputes' organised by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration, Malaysia, May 2015.
Presented: 'The Law Applied by International Administrative Tribunals: From Autonomy to Hierarchy', Oxford Public International Law Discussion Group, University of Oxford, February 2015.
Presented: 'Pitfalls When Dealing with Settlement Agreements in International Arbitration' at the ICLP Arbitration Centre, Colombo, Sri Lanka, January 2015 .
Presented: 'EU Sanctions against Belarus: Theory and Practice' at the Transformation Studies Summer School organised by the European Humanities University in Trakai, Lithuania, July 2014.
Presented: 'Are European Union Sanctions Fit for Purpose?' at the annual conference of British International Studies Association, Dublin, Ireland, June 2014.
Presented: 'Varieties of State Capitalism and International Economic Order: China, Russia, Brazil and Beyond' at the Institute for Global Law and Policy intensive residential program at Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, United States, June 2014.
Presented: 'Jurisdiction over Human Rights Violations in Investor-State Arbitration' at the conference 'Transnational Business and Human rights in the Context of the United States, European Union and International Law' organised by the European Humanities University, Vilnius, Lithuania, May 2014.
- Presented: 'Counterclaims in Investor State Arbitration', Nagoya University,
Japan, April 2014.
Presented: 'International Administrative Law: Between Fragmentation and Constitutionalisation' at a conference organised by the Polish Academy of Science in Warsaw, November 2013.
Presented the research paper 'Optimizing the Effect of the European Humanities University on Belarus' at the Congress of Belarusian Studies in Kaunas, Vilnius, October 2013.
Presented 'International Administrative Law: Real Law and Soft Law' at the regional International Law Association Conference in Athens, Greece, August 2013.
Taught the course: 'Bilateral Investment Treaties: Rights, Remedies and Related International Arbitration Process (including ICSID)', CPD accredited training, Osborne Clarke, London, United Kingdom, June 2013.
Gave the lecture 'Obligations of Investors under International Law' at the Centre for Transnational Legal Studies, London, UK, March 2013.
Delivered an open lecture entitled: 'Employability of Young Lawyers: What do Employers Want?', Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus, March 2013.
Chaired: 'International Dispute Resolution Involving Russian and CIS Companies' conference, Sofitel St James Hotel, London, UK, February 2013.
Gave the talk: 'Investment Arbitration: Challenges and Opportunities for Sri Lanka' talk at the Annual Sri Lanka Corporate Lawyers Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka, September 2012.
Taught a seminar on International Trade Regimes for officials from the former Soviet Union countries on International Trade at a seminar organised by the World Trade Organisation, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2012.
- Presentation 'Effect of bribery on arbitration' at conference "Current issues in arbitration in CIS countries" organised by the Association for Internaitonal Arbitration, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, June 2012.
- Organised and lectured at Minsk Summer Arbitration School, Minsk, Belarus, June 2012.
- Gave the talk: 'Corruption and Russia-Related Arbitration' at a conference organised by the International Association for Arbitration in Brussels, Belgium, June 2012.
- Presented on law and politics of economic sanctions at a conference 'The Politics of International Economic Law: The Next Four Years' organized by the American Society for International Law in Washington, DC, November 2008.
- Taught a course on international investment arbitration at Bilkent University Faculty of Law in Ankara, Turkey, September 2008.
- Presented: 'Trade and Labor Standards under the European Union Law' at the panel organized by the Harvard European Law Association, Cambridge, MA, April 2007.
- Acted as Labor at the Harvard University, video conference: 'Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption: New Frontiers in Public-Private Partnerships', organized by the World Bank, OECD and the Belgian Government, March 2007.
- Gave the lecture: 'Enforcing Labor Rights Against Multinational Corporate Groups', Harvard Trade Union Program, Cambridge, MA, February 2007.
- Presented: 'Myth and Reality about Life and Politics in Belarus' at Comparative Economics Seminar organized by Harvard University Davis Center, Cambridge, MA, October 2006.
- Presented: 'Enterprise Restructuring and Labour Law: Comparative Analysis of Regulation in CIS Member States' at the Belarusian State University, Minsk, June 2006.
- Presented: 'Do International Labour Standards Matter? Some Peculiarities of Social Partnership in Belarus' at the international conference: 'Labour and Social Security Law in the XXI Century: Challenges and Perspectives', organized by Vilnius University, Lithuania, May 2006.
- Presented: 'Multinational Enterprises and Labour Rights" at the roundtable "Globalization and Human Rights" organized by Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Russia, October 2005.
- Presented the paper 'Enforcing Labor Rights against Multinationals in Europe', at the conference Governing Global Workplace organized by the University of Minnesota, USA, April 2005.
Yarik Kryvoi © 2019