Regulatory Reform and Government Excellence
Prof Kryvoi regularly advises governments on reforms and excellence, with particular emphasis on the rule of law, justice, commercial dispute resolution and the legal profession. He has completed a number of comparative projects funded by governments and international organisations analysing the best practices of various jurisdictions and their implementation into different legal systems.
His experience includes:
- Regularly advising the United Arab Emirates Government on reform of the Ministry of Justice and judiciary
- Acting as a member of the Working Group of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Uzbekistan on improving the legal framework and practice of international commercial arbitration in Uzbekistan
- Serving as expert for Dubai Legal Department, Dubai Government Excellence Program, advising on reform of the legal profession in Dubai
- Conducting a World Bank funded comparative law analysis of the best practices among OECD States to draw recommendations for the government of a Central Asian State on the reform of rule-making, legislative procedures, functions of ministry of justice and corporate governance
- Preparing a report with recommendations on the development law and policy related to foreign direct investments in international treaties and domestic law for a post-Soviet State
- Organising training for UK government lawyers from various departments on issues of international public law, international trade law and international investment law with a focus on possible post-Brexit scenarious
- Conducing best practices analysis to prepare recommendations for the United Kingdom and Canada governments on the post-Brexit regulation of foreign investment protections and dispute resolution mechanisms.
Yarik Kryvoi © 2018